Welcome to my little corner of the World...

Join me as I try to find my way as an empty-nester, wife, mom, friend, and most importantly as a Child of God.

Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year...New Opportunities...

I noticed that when I was taking pictures this past year, I was taking a lot of 'path' pictures.
I always like the lines and curves of a good 'path' shot.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about paths lately...
About where I've been...
What could have been different...
What the future will bring...

Come along and examine some of my path pics from 2013...
Maybe you, too, can gain some insight on where you have been
or where you might be headed...
Do you find yourself on a path that is unclear?
Bumpy & slick...not safe to travel...
Or, are you frozen?
Too afraid to take the first step...
Not knowing what the future may bring...
Or what is under the surface?
Do you look back at where you have been?
Do you marvel at where you have come from?
How deep the past was...but you made it...
Is there a fork in the road?
You don't know which path to take...
the longer easier path that goes around...
or the harder, up hill path...
they both get you to the same place, just in a different way.
Has your path sometimes crossed?
Either with someone else's or your own...
Is your path dark and covered in shadows?
I feel like I've been there a lot the past few years...
Or, is your path covered in light?
That is the path I long to be on again...
Are you on a path surrounded by family & friends?
They are with you every step of the way...
...walking so close with you that it makes one big path.
Are you following a leader?
Or, are you off blazing a trail of your own?
Are you blinded by all that is coming at you?
Making your path dangerous and scary...
Are you off the path?
Wading and swimming in the muck...drowning in inches of water...
Or, are you on the side road?
Deciding wether it's safe enough to drive into the 'flood' zone...
Have you decided to take a risk?
Even though the area ahead may be 'flooded' with hard things...
Do you head down the road, even though the ride in front of you may be bumpy?
And you may not know where it leads...
Can you see where you want to go?
But, you have no idea on how to get there...
Or, do you go rogue?
And go on the unbeaten route...
over the things that may try to block your path.
Is the path in front of you?
But you are so focused on one thing...
That you don't see what is right in front of you.
Maybe your path is blocked?
Or the leader is so far ahead...
that you can't see where they went.
Are you standing on a path of indecision?
Do you head back...or move ahead 
even though you may not know where it will take you.
Do you feel like you are alone?
I've felt this a LOT the past few years...
Are you SO focused on the past...
...that you can't see the bright future in front of you?
Are you stuck on the sidelines...
unable to take the chance and find your way.
Where is your focus?
In the past, here and now or somewhere in the future...
Are there HUGE obstacles blocking your way?
Things that you can't move yourself....
sometimes you have to wait...
until God moves it for you.
Are you on the path...but just barely?
Trying to decide whether to move ahead...
Do you see the beauty of where you have been?
And realize what you have learned...
Does your path sometimes take a step down or even backwards?
Is the path to the future looking short?
Or are you ready to go swimming...
to get to that goal no matter what!
Is your path messy?
Do you feel like you are always trying to catch up?
Or are you leading the pack?
...even though you don't know what may lie just around the bend.
...it may be beautiful...
and hold all kinds of adventure and possibilities.
It may lead you back to where you once were...
A place you will now call home...

3 comments:

  1. Wow Terrie! That was very thought provoking and beautful all at the same time. Those questions will stay with me for awhile..Wonderful devotional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane...I may have to refer back to it often too! I can't tell you how long this post would be if I put all of my personal thoughts down... :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures and very interesting that you noticed a theme of paths in your picture-taking life. Maybe 2014 will be pictures of destinations? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!