Several weeks ago, we had two family functions at our house.
A bridal shower for my niece...see prior post..and a little Galle family reunion.
I spent several days in the kitchen cooking for both events.
Friday I made the sweets...
Peanut Butter Cake, Peanut Surprise Cookies (aka Milk Dud Cookies),
Andes Mint Cookies and Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies.
I bombarded my facebook friends with my instgram photo updates of my baking progress.
I got lots of requests for the recipes....
so here you go.
:)
Peanut Surprise Cookies
(recipe from Christian Homemaker's Cookie Exchange from Amy Bachman)
Beat together: 1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 c. butter (room temperature)
1 c. peanut butter (I use smooth)
Add: 2 eggs ( I do room temperature)
Sift together and add: 2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. baking soda
Chill - Roll into 1" balls. Put 1 Milk Dud in the center of the ball. (I use the small cookie scoop, roll the dough a little, insert Milk Dud and then roll again into a ball.) Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
NOTE: I used to not make these very often because when I removed the cookies from the cookie sheet...I usually lost the best part of the cookie to the pan or spatula. Until I started using parchment paper on my cookie sheet. Now I let them cool for about 8-9 minutes after baking and then remove to a backing rack to cool! NO MORE losing the best part of the cookie! I use parchment paper for all my cookie baking now! Just be careful to hold onto the parchment so it doesn't slide off the cookie sheet and onto the oven racks and bottom of oven...(NOT that it's ever happened to me or anything! Especially if you'd just cleaned the oven... LOL!!)
Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies
(recipe from my sister-in-law, Pam)
3/4 c. margarine (I use butter) 2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. brown sugar 1 1/4 t. baking soda
2 T. water 1/2 t. salt
12 oz. bag chocolate chips Andes Mints (at least about 35-40) -
2 eggs ( I use at room temperature) (I unwrap and cut all mints
in 1/2 while the
dough is chilling.)
Heat margarine, brown sugar and water until melted; add chocolate chips, stir until melted.
Cool 10 minutes or longer. Add eggs, one at at time, mixing after each one.
Add flower, baking soda and salt. Cover and refrigerate a couple of hours or overnight.
(I usually do overnight...don't be alarmed, like I was the first time I made these, when the
dough looks like hardened fudge! I usually pull out of the fridge in the morning and let set on the counter for a few minutes before I start rolling. Dough will be hard.) Grease cookie sheet (again, I use parchment paper), roll dough into walnut size balls. (I use the small cookie scoops.) Bake 10 minutes at 350. Place 1/2 Andes Mint on top of each cookie and allow to melt for a few minutes, swirl with a spoon when soft. If mints don't melt, return to oven for 30 seconds. (I've never had to do this.)
Attractive, aren't they?? NOT!
I usually unwrap the mints while the dough is chilling.
Problem is, then I have to hide them from the hubby!
Or have Plenty extra!
:)
When the Andes Mint is warm enough to swirl,
it will glisten just a little.
The BEST part of making these cookies is licking the spoon after swirling
each cookie pan. The WORST part - having to wash 9 spoons!
That's what a dishwasher is good for!
(I promise, I don't lick and reuse!!)
I didn't have enough mints from one package
and I didn't want to open another one for just a few cookies,
so I used some Andes Mint chips that I had.
Worked okay...like the mints better.
The last cookies to bake were the
Chewy Coconut Lime Cookies...
I found the recipe on Pinterest last summer.
I'm the only one who likes coconut in my house,
so I have to make them when we have a crowd.
Here is the website where my 'pin' takes you to the recipe.
I'm not going to reprint the recipe here...because I don't really know what Internet etiquette is...
just click on the website link.
:)
I just love the smell of coconut toasting in the oven....
If you read through the comments on the website under the recipe,
you will see one that talks about adding some lime juice and zest to the sugar
that you roll the dough in before you put on the cookie sheet.
I always add some lime juice and zest in the sugar...
I had thought of doing that even before I read through the comments.
I think that it adds a little more lime taste...and I LOVE tangy!
I may have tested one before I went to bed.
hmmm, I just may have had cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner this day...
Do you blame me???
Hope you make all three!!
If you do, let me know which one is your favorite!
Can someone pass me the Milk?!
Enjoy!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!