***Whoops! Thought I had this slated to publish automatically.***
Guess not... Enjoy the last of the Dallas trip!!
Are you tired of hearing about this conference yet?
I hope not...but, this will be the last 'official' post from me on it.
I heard that 'sigh' of relief... LOL!!
My first afternoon session was with Amy Karp.
We were shooting a mock engagement session.
This is what it looked like all afternoon.
Lots of women with cameras
taking pictures...
of women photographers...
and women taking pictures of women taking pictures.
I was really wishing for my notebook right here.
Amy was talking about shooting in Kelvin.
I had never heard anyone do that, so it was interesting.
I only caught part of the conversation.
I'll have to do some research on it.
I played with it a little that afternoon and loved my results.
I also can't remember all her advice.
It would be nice if that were available as a pdf.
I'm a note taker.
It's hard to listen, shoot and remember.
At least for some of us...mainly me. :)
But don't you love the setting?
South Fork!!
They are so cute!
They actually work at the ranch.
And have been dating a while.
Aren't engaged yet, but it may be coming soon.
Kind of great to have your engagement pics before you get engaged!
They were great models!!
It was hard to get the shots I wanted.
I didn't want to push my way to the front.
Sometimes, by the time I got my turn,
she was ready to set them up in a different pose.
No worries...
I tried to get creative.
I love this shot!
Just look at all those cameras.
I'm sure it wasn't intimidating at all.
Oops...I got this in a lot of my shots.
or this...LOL!!
Thank goodness for cropping in Lightroom.
Just learning that too!
I had fun playing with Lightroom...
cropping and some editing.
A little behind the scenes action...
Did you know that your reflectors double as a fan?
My 2nd session for the afternoon looked a lot like the first.
It was with Lori Nordstrom.
Some ladies took more than their fair share of shots.
I knew that I wasn't going to get shots that I really wanted to try.
I really liked seeing her set-up and the babies were adorable!!
I was able to get a few shots.
We didn't get many opportunities, the babies were really fussy for our session.
That is what it's like in real life.
You never quite know what will happen in a newborn session.
:)
I had lots of fun playing with some things in Lightroom.
I love newborn sessions and all the cute props!!
Lots of women with lots of cameras!!
What a great day!
Another good reason to do newborn shoots....
you get to hold the babies!
I love babies!
Their teeny, tiny fingers and toes.
Isn't she precious?!
It was such a great weekend!
Learned so much, had fun with friends and took away so much about myself really.
Those are the best times.
When I gain new knowledge about something I love...
and learning more about myself...
and why I love what I LoVe!!













































No comments:
Post a Comment
I read & treasure each and every comment!
I'd love to hear from you!